WORLD AIDS DAY 2014: What we have achieved this year
" ZERO STIGMA, ZERO DISCRIMINATION" is the theme for SANAC's WORLD AIDS DAY 2014.
This year HEAIDS joins other organisations, government and individuals in addressing challenges around stigma and discrimination to increase momentum in:
• Reduction of HIV/TB/STI infection rates
• Empowerment of girls and women
• Achievement of greater social equality and cohesion
• Realisation of South Africa’s development goals
• Transformation of communities through better education.
HEAIDS appreciates its cooperation with government, communities, civil society, the private sector, donor funders and other partners.
Together, during 2014, we have taken massive strides to improve the health of South Africans:
7 targeted HEAIDS campaigns – First Things First HIV, TB, STI testing
* women health empowerment
* men health
* Future Beats youth development
* alcohol and drugs prevention
* health curriculum
76 higher education institutions and TVETs participating in implementation of campaigns
396 activations for HEAIDS “Big 7”campaigns
427 teaching and training campuses covered by the HEAIDS mandate
5 000 peer mentors trained
100 000 HIV tests undertaken by students
2 000 000+ students reached by the HEAIDS programme