Campus Health Services
The Campus Health COP forms part of the HEAIDS programme under the auspices of Higher Education South Africa (HESA) in collaboration with the South African Association of Campus Health Services (SAACHS). The Campus Health COP meets at least twice a year under the auspices of HEAIDS, logistical support is given by the Higher Education and Training HIV/AIDS Programme.
Mission and objectives
- In accordance with the principles guiding a Community of Practice the Campus Health HOD forum/COP provides opportunities to collaborate, network, share knowledge
- provide collective suggestions on issues relating primary health care and HIV/AIDS care, treatment and support services
- relevant to students and staff in Higher Education institution.
The Campus Health HOD forum/COP will:
- Support the mission and activities of SAACHS nationally and locally
- Functions within its own management framework in consultation with HEAIDS and close collaboration with SAACHS.
- Expand the networking and collaborative support to various HEI campus health services
- Focus on holistic primary health care and HIV/AIDS care, treatment and support activities and services
- Utilize the current data as gathered for the basis of future research within the sector collectively, institutions individually and outside
Membership is on an institutional representative basis and is open to the HODs of all South African Higher Education Institutions' (HEIs) campus health services and, includes the HEAIDS Director or delegated representative.